Your Princess is in another castle

/
0 Comments
....trying on floofy dresses!


I spent way too much time on this. I originally planned to make some basic pencil sketches of The Princess to raffle off for points on DeviantArt, and after a few tries I wasn't satisfied with, I drew this-- and suckered myself into coloring it in Photoshop-- resulting in something that took a few hours.

I think it's the most effort I've put into a pencil drawing, trying to make it beautiful. My work is usually quick and simple-- but I've been using store-brand color pencils to draw on printer paper and I feel more confidant as the pencil glides effortlessly. The downfall-- erasing is hard and it ghosts a lot (the left hand-- on the right is a prime example).

I was looking at a picture from a more current video game image of the princess, and altered the costume a bit.

Anatomy is off, but I'm surprised at myself for spending this much time on it, and very surprised at how not-usual it looks for me. I've taken Bancroft's book to heart and stopped drawing some things the way I usually do.

Background texture is from stock on DA

pencil sketch colored in Photoshop.

I have good drawing days, and I have bad drawing days. My hand hasn't popped yet for a second productive day-- let's see how long it lasts.


You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive