weeklyartchallenges: I recall flipping through the pages of the...

/
0 Comments




weeklyartchallenges:



I recall flipping through the pages of the Little Golden Book My Christmas Treasury over and over when I was little. One of the sections in the book was about Christmas celebrated around the world, and this week’s challenge reminded me of that book.


I was inspired by photos of girls in the Ukraine wearing traditional clothing, bundled up against the cold and singing carols while carrying a star on a pole. I drew these three little girls caroling.


For this piece, I was heavily inspired by UPA animation from the 1950’s in both style and color palette. I’m very fond of art from that time period. It was very bold and eye-catching.


Happy Holidays! :D


Photoshop and Wacom Tablet


Aron J. Shay | Tumblr | Facebook | DA







via Tumblr http://aronjshay.tumblr.com/post/38695035668


You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive