Pixie Hamster Digital; Painted in Photoshop with a Wacom Cintiq Tablet. Sketch was pencil on...

/
0 Comments


Pixie Hamster


Digital; Painted in Photoshop with a Wacom Cintiq Tablet. Sketch was pencil on paper.


Been enjoying the Wacom Cintiq a lot lately, and I’ve been able to get a little better control with my dry media brushes.



This pic of Pixie hamster is a little more hamster-like than the last I’d drawn in a little while.



This time around I believe I only used one particular brush instead of a combination of about two or three I’d used for other pictures in this style. It made it a lot easier to work but it was a little tricky for finer details.



Kept the colors simple and was inspired by the dry brush look in vintage Little Golden Books <3 This drawing started out as a rough pencil sketch on paper.



Shading was very light, but I’m still enjoying the technique that EliOli shared with us a while back, and I still use a variation of that for many of my drawings.



I own a giant dip-dyed butterfly print scarf I got at a secondhand store last year and that’s what she’s wearing— Minus the butterflies, lol.






via Tumblr http://aronjshay.tumblr.com/post/33049479883


You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive